We Participate in the Privacy Shield Framework
2. What Personal Information About Customers Does Masimo Gather?
Information You Give Us: When you sign in to receive product updates and other notifications on our website, purchase product or contact us we may collect a variety of information, including your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, contact preferences, and credit card information.
Automatic Information: As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection are detailed under Question 5 of the policy.
Mobile: When you download and set up apps created by Masimo, we may, with your explicit consent, collect a variety of information including contact information such as full name, email address, mailing address, and phone number, age, biological sex, or date of birth. In addition, during the use of our apps, we may also collect information about your health/wellness, your location, and your mobile device.
3. Does Masimo Collect Any Non-Personal Information?
- We gather certain non-personal information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data.
- With your explicit consent, we may collect data about how you use your device and applications in order to help app developers improve their apps.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and may include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
4. How Does Masimo Use the Personal Information Collected?
- The personal information we collect allows us to keep you posted on Masimo’s latest product announcements, software updates, and upcoming events. If you don’t want to be on our mailing list, you can opt out anytime by updating your preferences.
- We also use personal information to help us create, develop, operate, deliver, and improve our products, services, content and advertising, and for loss prevention and anti-fraud purposes.
- We may use your personal information, including date of birth, to verify identity, assist with identification of users, and to determine appropriate services. For example, we may use date of birth to determine the age of Masimo account holders.
- From time to time, we may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information is important to your interaction with Masimo, you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
- We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve Masimo’s products, services, and customer communications.
5. Does Masimo’s Website or Mobile App Use Tracking Technologies?
Our partners, affiliates, or analytics or service providers, may use any of the tracking technologies listed below to analyze trends, administer the website or track users’ movements around the website:
- Flash Cookies.Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages, opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We use this information to understand and analyze trends, to administer the site, to learn about user behavior on the site, to improve our product and services, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. Masimo may use this information in our marketing and advertising services.
6. Can I opt out of behavioral tracking and how does Masimo respond to browser signals and other mechanisms that enable me to exercise choice about behavioral tracking?
We partner with a third party to display advertising on our website or to manage our advertising on other sites. Our third party partner may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on this site and other sites to provide you advertising based on your browsing activities and interests.
*Do Not Track Disclosure:
Currently, various browsers offer a “do not track” or “DNT” option which sends a signal to websites visited by the user about the user’s browser DNT preference setting. Except as stated in this Policy, Masimo does not currently commit to responding to browsers’ DNT signals with respect to the Masimo’s websites, in part, because no common industry standard for DNT has been adopted, including no consistent standard of interpreting user intent.
7. Is data collected from Children? Can data collected inadvertently from children be deleted?
Masimo does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13, and you must be 13 years of age or older in order to establish an account for Masimo. If you are a parent or guardian who knows or has discovered that you child under the age of 13 has submitted his or her personal information or other information without your consent, permission, or authorization, upon your request, we will promptly remove your child’s personal information or other information from our database, cease the use of such information, and direct any other party with access to such information to do the same.
8. How Does Masimo Share Information It Collects?
Service Providers: We may provide your personal information to companies that provide services to help us with our business activities such as fulfilling your orders, delivery of product, processing credit card payments or offering customer service. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
Legal Disclaimer: We may also disclose your personal information:
- as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process;
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request;
- if Masimo is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website of any change in ownership, uses of your personal information, and choices you may have regarding your personal information; and
- to any other third party with your prior consent.
9. Which Information Can I Access?
Example of information you can easily access at masimopersonalhealth.com or using our mobile app include up-to-date information regarding recent orders; personal information (including name, e-mail, password, health/wellness data, communications and personalized preferences); payment settings (including credit card information and promotional certificate and gift card balances); e-mail notification settings (including Product Availability Alerts, Delivers, and newsletters).
10. What Choices Do I Have?
If your personal information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may update or delete your personal information by emailing us at email@example.com or by contacting us at the (800) 326-4890 or postal mailing address at the contact information listed below. We will respond to your request to access within a reasonable timeframe.
Opt-out Preferences: If you wish to subscribe to our newsletter(s), we will use your name and email address to send the newsletter to you. You may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails or accessing the email preferences in your account settings page. You may also choose not to provide the personal information that we have requested, but, if you chose not to do so, in many cases we will not be able to provide you with our products or services or respond to any queries you may have.
Turn off Location services: Most mobile devices provide users with the ability to disable location services. Most likely, these controls are located in the device’s settings menu. If you have questions about how to disable your device’s location services, we recommend you contact your mobile service carrier or your device manufacturer.
11. How Secure Is Information About Me?
We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once it is received. If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, you can contact us at TechSupport-US@masimo.com.
What About Links to Third Party Sites?
12. What About Information Entered Through Other Media Channels?
Blogs/Forums: Our website offers publicly accessible blogs or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
Testimonials: We display personal testimonials and other endorsements of satisfied customers on our website. With your consent, we may post your testimonial along with your first name and first initial of your last name only. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at email@example.com.
Masimo Americas, Inc.
Irvine, CA 92618
Ph: +1 (949) 297-7000